Tuesday, August 21, 2012

dresses galore

I have pictures of dresses from back in June up until this week that I have not yet posted.  So, here goes.  I did these for my girls for 4th of July/Summer . . .
Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with this ribbon ricrac trim?!  Pretty sure I have.

This one was for a customer/friend.
And again for my girls . . .
I opted for a different trim on these.  I can't have all the monag dresses looking the same :)  However, I didn't notice until Elly's dress was finished that I had cut out the butterfly fabric in the middle of the "e" when I trimmed away the gingham.  Just wasn't thinking.
After a short debate in my head, I decided to purposefully "mess up" Evynne's so maybe, just maybe, it would look like it was supposed to be that way.  Kinda regret that.  Turns out it is more obvious on the lavender.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.
This cutie was a hand-me-down Hollywood Baby that had a monogram on it . . .
My mother-in-law had picked out the monogram {bless her!}, but it had left some holes.  This layered flower {which I L.O.V.E.} covered it all perfectly!
We ordered turquoise dresses from monag back in early spring and they were backorderd and basically, never came.  So we re-ordered the turquiose in the empire style dress and finally received them in June.  This one was for a customer . . .
I'm all about some red and turquoise if you didn't already know.
This was for another friend/customer, matching for siblings . . .


Since my girls just didn't really need any more summer clothes by the time these dresses came, I decided to save Evynne's for a back-to-school dress.  I knew I wanted to do red and turquoise, but instead of the appple I had in mind, Evynne wanted this design . . .
And it was perfect because she was thrilled to wear it.
However, Elly still got the original apple plan . . .
She won't start until after labor day though.
And since I haven't gotten crazy-busy with Fall stuff yet, I've been trying to stay on top of things.  I did some Kelly's Kids dresses for a friend from this season's collection . . .

Aren't they sweet?!!!  Love me some Kelly's Kids.

And another Hollywood Baby hand-me-down . . .
I hate the way brown photographs with my el-cheapo camera.  Well, it's not really a cheap camera, it's just not the fancy one I wish I had :)  If it were, you'd be able to tell that this dress is brown and pink.  And it's very cute!

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Adorable!!!! Love them all! :)