Thursday, May 3, 2012

more for mine

It's beach towel time!  I love to hunt towels for good prices at Target and Walmart.  Each store usually comes out with a basic towel in the $5-$7 range each year.  I found this one at Target and it comes in a variety of colors for $7 {regular price -- but they do go on sale from time to time!} I thought it would make the perfect gift for Evynne's ballet student helper . . .
 
For her ballet teacher, I made this kitchen towel to go along with an Edgar's gift card . . .
And since I'm pretty caught up on my customer orders right now, I had time to do a few things for my own.  Grandmomma made this skirt for Evynne {with fabric I got at Hobby Lobby} and I wanted a top that would go into the fall.  I thought this turned out cute . . .
 
I've always loved this little topiary, but I've never done it before.
 
I got these cute little pants for a great price at a Hollywood Baby sample sale a couple of years ago.  Since there is no alligator applique that really matches the alligator on the pants, I decided to just go simple . . .
 
Funny story.  I ran out of the green thread after the entire outside of the "e" was stitched and about half of the inside was done.  After thinking about it, I decided to just use a very similar green and go over/finish the inside of the "e" with it.  I knew the pink stitching was going on top and that would help mask the difference in color.  I don't think anyone will ever notice!  {I'm just glad it happened on something for one of my own because I never would've risked it on a customer order!}
 
And last up for my girls, a couple of coordinating Hannah Kate tops mom and I found at an overstock sale . . .
 
Mom made sweet light pink shorts to go with these.
 
Just had to throw in these two that I did for Cooper.  From the picture on Bunnycup Embroidery's website, you never would know this police car could turn out so cute.  But it did . . .
And I believe this one is Applique Market.  Very cute! . . .
I promise the Kelly's Kids coordinates post is still coming.  I just have a couple more things to do to add to it before I post it!

No comments: