Saturday, August 27, 2011

B2S and a few gifts

Evynne is finally heading to K-4 in a couple of weeks {they don't start until after Labor Day}. Next week we get to go to Open House and meet her teacher, see her classroom, etc. I LOVED this crayon trio from Applique Cafe as soon as I saw it and when I asked Evynne what she would like {I gave her a few choices}, she picked this one too. YAY! So this is what she'll wear to Open House next week . . .

I used Madison font to add her initials . . .

Then, I found this precious skirt on the Chez Ami finale sale page and when it went an additional 20% off, I grabbed it! Fortunately, I already had a brown shirt that I could make to go with it. Again, I couldn't resist the zigzag apple from Applique Cafe . . .

She'll wear this for the first day of actual school {Wednesday after Labor Day}. I'm kicking myself for not putting a layer of white {interfacing or fabric} behind the hot pink for the apple. The brown shows through too much and it's not as bright as I would've liked. That's what I get for trying to skip a step!

It's still super-cute though and Evynne is already begging to wear it. You can't argue with that!

And, of course, all of us here in the South know that Back to School also means back to football. A customer brought me these cute Chez Ami dresses to monogram for her girls {and Auburn fans} . . .

I also had a few gifts to squeeze in the past couple of weeks. Evynne's friend Emma just turned 3 . . .

And this is a baby gift for one of my sister's friends. So sweet . . .


No comments: