Monday, November 21, 2011

all dressed up








This pink dress for Elly is an example of one of those times where I debated what to do about thread color and regretted my decision. I originally was going to do all brown, but since the letters overlap a little, I was afraid they might not stand out and be legible. I opted to outline each letter in a different color pulled from the fabric. I don't love it. I think the brown would've looked just fine.

So, I still have to do the matching one for Evynne and hers will most definitely be outlined in all brown. I figure that's more fitting for a big girl anyway.

I thought this one for a friend's little girl turned out precious . . .



And I also really like this one I did for Evynne . . .

She wanted a butterfly so I tried to make it a little less "springy" in color. She will wear this with brown leggings. Elly will have a coordinating one that will have a yellow gingham body and she will wear hers with yellow leggings.

No comments: