Sunday, July 24, 2011

first off the line

So, the new machine is in complete working order and after spending an ENTIRE day organizing my applique design files, I finally got busy sewing. Here are the first projects off the line . . .

This is a size 10 monag shirt so this roller skate is actually pretty big. I did this in the 6x10 hoop.

And I knew this might happen, but I miss having a 5x7 hoop. This machine has all of the features that my old machine had that I love plus several great improvements! I just don't understand why Singer can't have a machine that has more than two hoops. It would be PERFECT if it had the 4x4, 5x7, AND 6x10. I may have to send an email.

And because it doesn't have the 5x7, I did this bib &burp set in the 4x4 hoop. That meant the name had to be smaller than I typically like it. But I can't use the 6x10 for everything. It will take WAY too much stabilizer. I haven't done any size 4 or smaller shirts yet, but I'm concerned about how that big ole hoop is going to fit in them. We'll see! In the meantime, I'm praying that they come out with a 5x7 hoop for this machine!


Is anyone else getting football fever?! This is the first of many Auburn projects to be done for my girls. This happens to be on a {Garanimals} tank top that is still awaiting ricrac, but I'll post the complete top when it's done.

So, the verdict is . . . I really do LOVE the new machine and sewing on it, but I want the middle sized hoop to go with it!

No comments: