Wednesday, July 27, 2011

back to school time

I can hardly believe it's back to school time almost! It IS time to be getting ready. I did a couple of backpacks for a friend of mine the other day . . .



They were a little tricky just because I had to use sticky and then they kept wanting to come off of the sticky because they were hitting up against the machine. The second one was almost a loss, but I think I salvaged it. The first C on the left is a little close to the H . . .

Not sure I will sign up to do a lot of backpacks. They'll have to be just the right style! And even though it's almost back to school time, there are still some "summer dresses" I haven't gotten to for Evynne. I squeezed one in this week. It's a size 6 that runs only a little small (from Dharma) so she'll definitely be able to wear it next summer. It is a Hollywood Baby hand-me-down that my MIL picked the existing monogram out of, which left some holes. No problem -- I completely covered it with the gigi patch . . .

Not sure I love this font (Schwoops) with this patch shape. It is a super-cute font though!

And of course we can't head back to school without our Auburn gear. You got a sneak peak of Elly's tank top in the previous post, but here are the finished products for both of my girls . . .

I promise the navy ricrac matches better in person! They have some navy knit Target skorts to wear with these, which I think will be pretty cute!





And last, but not least, I hit JoAnn's last week. Yes, I was late for lunch with sweet Alyson after standing in line at the cutting counter, but this is what I have to show for it . . .





Some cute new fabrics! {Have I mentioned I have a fabric problem?!} I also got some felt to start working on some of the felt stitchies I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know where to buy felt? JoAnn's had a lot of colors, but not what I would consider "stylish" colors for little girls like a good fuschia, lime green, turquoise, etc. Let me know if you have any tips!

No comments: