Sunday, December 18, 2011

we need a little christmas now

I think I was able to come through for everyone who needed something pseudo-last-minute for Christmas. And I can honestly say, I have no outstanding orders at this time. Okay, except for two pairs of bloomers for a baby due in February. And they're not newborn size. This SWEET outfit was for a Christmas card photo . . .

And just some classic Christmasy-but-can-be-worn-year-round applique initials . . .

{Please ignore the smudge on many of the pictures in this post. A certain 2-year-old at my house likes playing with my camera!}

Kelly's Kids top and nightgown for a sweet friend {and Kelly's Kids rep} . . .

Sweet design to match some pants out of the green minky {tree} fabric . . .



A hostess gift for the hubs' work party . . .

Simple, yet so cute! I need to do one of those for myself! Some more dish towels for the sister-in-law to give as gifts {these are really cute too! I think she said she found them at Homegoods.} . . .



A sweater a friend is giving her dad as a gift. Although I fear I put the embroidery too high. I'm a little perfectionist about these things. It's really hard to do grown-up stuff because I know just where to put designs on kids' clothes, but not so much on the grown up stuff . . .

In the future, I would prefer for the subject to put on the garment and mark the appropriate place for embroidery. At least until I get the hang of it! I also used solvy interfacing on top of the sweater, which washes away, but looks a little like plastic pieces are sticking out until it is washed!

And this is for the little 4-year-old girl we pulled off of the angel tree at Evynne's school. She asked for clothes . . .

We got an Osh Kosh jogging suit that was hot pink with navy and other colored flowers on it so I made this to match. I really hope she likes it!


This is a gift for my M-I-L {aka, Snowy}. I think I stole this idea from a Mustard Seeds kids' shirt . . .

And finally, some of our friends are getting a trip for Christmas. Can you guess where to? . . .





Pillowcases for autographs {another stolen idea from another monogrammer -- so cute!} . . .






And now all we need is a little Christmas break!

No comments: